Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bleah, buh humbug and humph!!!

Well, my dear other half took a peak over here to my blog and saw that I had not posted anything in two days looked across the table and said "Slacker!" I haven't posted 'cause I've nothing to post about. So I hit the wonderous Google button found some good quotes, copy and pasted them them added a little comment as to why it pertains to me at this point in time, it's not much but at least she can't say I'm slackin'.
It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours. - Harry S. Truman
Depression is the inability to construct a future. - Rollo May
It seems to me that these two go hand and hand as of late. I lost my job two weeks ago and I seem COMPLETELY unable to do a damned thing with myself since.
Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression. - Dodie Smith
I was the Sherpa for the Big Gay Weekend does that count as a noble deed? Anyone got a tub I can move into? We have only had shower stalls for the past 4 years, and while I maybe short even I am not THAT short.
The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about. - A. A. Milne, From the book Winnie the Pooh
Most of the time I wonder why? Then I forget and I wonder why, what?
My depression is the most faithful mistress I have known -- no wonder, then, that I return the love. - Soren Kierkegaard
'Nuff said.

My all time favorite depression quote, if that isn't an oxymoron in and of itself;

"Good morning, Eeyore," said Pooh.
"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning, which I doubt," said he.
"Why, what's the matter?"
"Nothing, Pooh Bear, nothing. We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it."
"Can't all what?" said Pooh, rubbing his nose.
"Gaiety. Song-and-dance. Here we go round the mulberry bush." - A. A. Milne from the book Winnie the Pooh
I believe that Good Morning is perhaps the worst phrase in the entire English language. In my world there is no such thing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Интересно написано....но многое остается непонятнымb