Saturday, August 2, 2008

I know it's good for me, BUT...

Spondylolisthesis is a condition in which one bone in your back (vertebra) slides forward over the bone below it. It most often occurs in the lower spine. In some cases, this may lead to your spinal cord or nerve roots being squeezed. This can cause back pain and numbness or weakness in your legs. In rare cases, it can also lead to losing control over your bladder or bowels. - Web M.D.
And I my friends have it, and it is no fun. Luckily I am not a rare case I still have control over my private matters but, my spinal cord and nerve roots are most definitely being squeezed, pinched or in my mind MANGLED.

There are days when there is so much stabbing shooting pain in my right leg that I just want to chop it off. It is often excruciating to take a shower or do dishes, why this two things in particular are so bad I have no idea. I have had a series of steroidal injections in my lower back and they help for a little while but not much, and not like they are supposed to.

I have now been told that I am most likely going to have to have spinal fusion surgery which at best is a 6 hour procedure. To prepare for said surgery I need to exercise and lose a lot of weight. One of the easiest ways to do this is by walking so my dearest decided today to go for a walk to see the local waterfall after the rains. Also to spend some good time together not working. I thought it was a wonderful idea. So we grabbed the little dog and some water and set off. What she failed to tell me was that it was at least a 3 mile walk. I am now one seriously sore girl. However the waterfall was spectacular! Here is a shot of Quinn and I enjoying the view from one of Mr. Rockefeller's bridges.

No comments: