Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wait, This Makes Me A Slacker Doesn't It

We all know how I am not all that great at posting on a REGULAR basis. We also all know that when we have not posted for a couple of days well then we become a "slacker" according to some. Well here it is folks this is the straight poop:
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
slack·er [slak-er] –noun
1.a person who evades his or her duty or work; shirker.
2.a person who evades military service.
3.an esp. educated young person who is anti-materialistic, purposeless, apathetic, and usually works in a dead-end job.

[Origin: 1790–1800; slack1 + -er1; def. 3 popularized by the film Slackers (1991)]
1. malingerer, dodger, laggard.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
So, I guess if having and posting to your blog is your duty or work then yes in deed I am guilty as charged. However after reading definition number three I would say that there are a lot of people in this world who qualify. I again being one of them, hell I might as well admit to being guilty of number two as well. I scored fantastically on my ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery), my junior year of high school, (they were required.) I had the Marines, the Army and the Coast Guard recruiters after me the day our scores came in, I came out to the Marine, (this is the first time I have EVER told that to anyone else) and made excuses to the other two of why I couldn't possible join up. So yes, I do believe THAT I AM OFFICAILLY A SLACKER:O

No comments: