Saturday, November 7, 2009

a plea

Have you all written, emailed and called your senators and congresspersons asking them to support Health Care Reform??? If you haven't now is the time and make sure you let them know how you feel about the anti-choice Stupak amendment here is the CNN link.

If you happen to be one of the few lucky people in this country with a good health care plan congratulations! I am a person who hasn't had ANY health care plan in nearly a year and no way to pay for it because my health won't let me work. Not that I could ever get insurance at this point because my list of pre-existing conditions start with being a woman and go down-hill from there; depressed - check, asthmatic - check, rape survivor- check, morbid obesity - check, ex-smoker - check, suicidal tendencies - check, spondylitis - check, at least I haven't been able to afford therapy so that won't count against me.

If you have insurance that works great, but do me a favor and think about those of us that are lest fortunate.

No comments: